Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lucky

Next Sunday Lucky will be 60 days clean and sober!!!! wooty wooo!!! He's doing so well living in his oxford house in Seattle. He's working, they voted him house president, He's going to meetings every day. He's taking on his own problems, telling me not to worry about it.  He sent me a text today saying: "I'm always here mommas if you need me". It made me cry.  Even though he's doing so well I keep expecting the other shoe to drop.  I am so use to this disappointment of him failing, I keep waiting for it. I know its not right, but committee(my brain) wont stop. I haven't been very good about going to my al-anon meetings like I should. I haven't been to one in a week.  Trying to deal with other emotional issues that I have with someone I love, but its still no excuse. I need to get off my butt and go..

Just for today I will give it all to god. "one day at a time"

2 comments:

  1. go to those meetings if they help you need to go..congrats to your son wtg..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina - How wonderful that he is doing so well! Funny how we keep waiting for that other shoe...

    ReplyDelete