Sunday, June 5, 2011

My #1 Man

Just wanted to give an update on Lucky.  He's doing amazingly well. He has been clean almost 75 days I think(not sure). He's loving life living in Seattle and not being in Auburn around any of the people who influenced his habit. Don't get me wrong, I know Lucky is the only one responsible for his addiction. He was made house president of his oxford house, they have now asked him to take on a responsibility in his chapter. He's been working. Paid his own rent this month. Has not asked me for a dime. Dealing with his addiction on a daily basis had become a part of my life. Now that he's doing so well, I don't know what to do with myself.

My boyfriend and I broke up, and Lucky was trying to play the parent role and tell me to keep my chin up. He's telling me not to worry about his problems he will figure them out. But yet I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop!  Lucky's father has been finally stepping up to the plate and spending time with his son. He actually paid the remaining balance of Lucky's last treatment stay. I'm guessing now that he sees our son moving forward and making right choices he is willing to help him.

I pray every night that my higher power will help keep the temptation away from child. I really am trying to stay positive, but I've been here with Lucky before. He's done really well and then he falls off the wagon again. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm trying not have expectations, but its hard. I just got to take one day at a time.

I am so very proud of you son!!! I love you with all my heart and sole!!! No matter how hectic our lives become, I will always be here to help guide you in the right direction. The picture below is the day I gave birth to my beautiful boy! The other picture is just one of my favorite pics of him


 

4 comments:

  1. glad to hear things are going well.hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a precious baby and little boy (no doubt he's still adorable!)

    I hope he continues to do well, as I hope for all of our children.

    Sorry to hear about your break up, hope you're doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet photos! It sounds as if he is really thriving at the oxford house, which is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pamela =)

    Thank you Barbara. I pray every night that the lord will help keep all our children away from this ugly disease of addiction.

    Thank you Dee. He is my sweet boy or I should say man now. It is a wonderful thing that hes thriving in his oxford home. The last time he was in one, he didn't even make off curfew before they kicked him out. It is a big blessing

    ReplyDelete