Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sobriety

As of Tuesday Lucky has 34 days of sobriety. Below is a post he put on facebook. As you can see he's feeling pretty great.
"Had a pretty amazing day, I feel great and i feel blessed for all the people i have in my life now and my family who has always been there. Got 34 Days of sobriety today and who knows what tomorrow will bring but you know what im high on life right now and it feels great. Night World =)"
He seems to be doing okay. It's nice not having him in our home. He's has caused a lot of pain and sorrow. Lucky has caused issues with my boyfriend and I. My boyfriend feels like he shit on him because he gave him a place to stay and eat. All he had to do is work and show that he was doing something with his life. He feels my son is lazy and just wants things handed to him. It pains me to admit but he's right.
The last few days my son has been very short tempered with me. Yesterday he hung up on me. He later called to apologize, I told him that I did not deserve the disrespect and that I did not want to talk to him at the moment. He's got rent coming up due next week for his sober living house. I told him I did not have the money, he says what about the money Nana sent you? The money my mother sent me was to replace the money I gave my child so he would have a place to live. It seems like he just never wants to grow up and take responsibility. I want to be able to live my life and be happy and not have to worry about my 20 year old child.  
Lucky got short tempered and told me he needed to go today because he was getting angry. I made the mistake of asking him if he has started looking for a job. Parenting is a hard job, but it seems worse when your dealing with an addict.
Just for today I will keep taking deep breaths, ask god to keep him away from temptation, and pray some day he will finally get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment